Click here to go to the NASA Prescreening Module where you can view and request NASA Space Program historic artifacts including shuttle tiles.

COVID-19 Update

GSA is working to assist federal agencies, federal property recipients and other stakeholders in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. This serves to update agencies and other stakeholders on GSA's activities during this pandemic and is subject to revision as conditions change.

GSAXcess remains operational for property reporting and requests. GSAXcess has been updated with disaster priority "CORONAVIRUS" for use when requesting property for COVID-19 response efforts. Many federal employees are now working remotely and some holding agencies may not have staff available to release property to recipients. Before sending pickup transportation property recipients should first contact the holding agency property custodian to confirm the agency is operational and can release the property.

GSA's Area Property Officers (APOs) are working remotely and available to answer your questions. To find your APO visit:

The GSA Personal Property and Surplus Sales Centers located in Springfield, VA are temporarily closed until further notice. Center customers will receive correspondence from GSA when the facility reopens.

If you need additional information, please contact the Personal Property or Surplus Sales Center staff:

Peter Hamilton - Branch Chief (202) 763-3622
Carlton Lawrence - Finance (202) 738-7090
Antonio Williams- Sales Contracting Officer/Team Lead (703) 403-2976

Useful COVID-19 Related Property

Important Security Update!

In the coming months, GSAXcess will implement a new security measure that will make it more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your account.

In order to log in, your account will need a valid email address. Please verify your email address. Click here to learn how to update your email address.

Click here to learn more about this measure and how it will affect how you log in to GSAXcess.

Click here to watch a video on how to login for the First Time with MFA   (If you already have an Okta account with a GSA application, please skip to the second video)
Click here to watch a video on how to login with MFA (after the initial login)

How To

Further Assistance

What's New

Training Presentations


GSA Publications

Overview is the entry site for the Federal Excess Personal Property Utilization Program and the Federal Surplus Personal Property Donation Program operated by the General Services Administration. Your agency can report excess personal property for transfer by GSA to other Federal and State Agencies for Surplus Property (SASPs) as well as search for and obtain excess personal property. Your agency can also report and transfer excess computers and peripheral equipment to schools and educational nonprofit organizations through the Computers for Learning program or post your CFL transfers done outside our system. This site is not intended for the general public.

Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-416).

The Small Business Administration (SBA) is in the process of implementing the Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-416), signed into law on January 3, 2019. The Act provides Veteran Owned Small Businesses access to Federal Surplus Personal Property. As the authority for this legislation falls under SBA, updates on the progress of implementation will be provided by SBA. For additional information, please contact Chris Clarke at:

Veteran Owned Small Businesses that are interested in participating may contact their State Agency for Surplus Property (SASP) to express interest and request updates on the implementation of this newly passed law. Contact information for your SASP can be found here:

GSA looks forward to working with SBA and the SASPs to implement this exciting new program for America's Veteran Owned Small Businesses.

Attention Federal Agencies Located in the Washington Metropolitan Area

GSA regularly assists in the disposal of large volumes of office furniture! If your agency is in need of assistance in either acquiring or disposing of office furniture, please contact Rick Parker in the National Capital Region (NCR) Property Office at