AAMS/EADS/IADS Reporting Cutoff: May 30, 2023

All Other Excess Commodities: June 5, 2023

Exchange/Sale Property: June 14, 2023

If you have questions or concerns, please read our FAQs or contact your GSA Area Property Officer.

*******BREAKING NEWS*******

Registration for PPMS Training Classes is now open!

Space is limited; register now!

COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Requirements for Access to Federal Facilities

In accordance with Federal policies, some Federal agencies may require visitors to complete a COVID-19 vaccine self-attestation form indicating their vaccination status. If the visitor is not fully vaccinated or declines to respond, they may be required to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test before access to the facility is granted. Agency policies may vary depending on the nature of the agency's work, local conditions and other factors. Prior to screening or picking up property at a Federal facility, customers should contact the property custodian or point of contact for information about the facility's policies, procedures and applicable forms. An example COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation Form can be found here.

Click here to go to the NASA Prescreening Module where you can view and request NASA Space Program historic artifacts including shuttle tiles.

How To

Further Assistance

What's New

Training Presentations


GSA Publications


GSAXcess.gov is the entry site for the Federal Excess Personal Property Utilization Program and the Federal Surplus Personal Property Donation Program operated by the General Services Administration. Your agency can report excess personal property for transfer by GSA to other Federal and State Agencies for Surplus Property (SASPs) as well as search for and obtain excess personal property. Your agency can also report and transfer excess computers and peripheral equipment to schools and educational nonprofit organizations through the Computers for Learning program or post your CFL transfers done outside our system. This site is not intended for the general public.

Guidance to Federal Agencies to Minimize and Identify Excess Personal Property

Public Law 115- 419 (Federal Personal Property Management Act of 2018) amended 40 U.S.C. 524 to require agencies to conduct annual inventories of capitalized personal property assets and to conduct inventories of assets an agency identifies as "accountable" on a regular basis. For these inventories, agencies must assess:

It is suggested that an agency's inventory procedures include retention justifications for and an examination of post-inventory data to identify potential excess. Agencies should also consider the use of periodic utilization reviews such as management walkthroughs, routine property custodian reviews, utilization surveys, and other tools to identify and report excess property.

Excess Live Animals

The GSA Office of Personal Property Management's Mid-Atlantic Zone, headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, serves as the national center of expertise (COE) for Animals. The COE works with agencies to facilitate the humane placement of animals while ensuring their welfare and compliance with Federal policy. Excess live animals should be reported to GSA's COE for Animals in accordance with FMR 102-40.150 unless your agency has specific statutory authority to dispose of animals independently. For more information, please contact Bob Kitsock of GSA's COE for Animals: bob.kitsock@gsa.gov

Foreign Gifts Reporting

Effective immediately, in an effort to support our customers who manage foreign gifts during the COVID-19 pandemic, GSA is implementing new policies and procedures for the reporting of Foreign Gifts to GSA. GSA will accept foreign gifts at the Personal Property Center (PPC) in Springfield, VA, in lieu of the DOE building in order to accommodate social distancing. Please find detailed reporting instructions here.

Attention Federal Agencies Located in the Washington Metropolitan Area

GSA regularly assists in the disposal of large volumes of office furniture! If your agency is in need of assistance in either acquiring or disposing of office furniture, please contact Rick Parker in the National Capital Region (NCR) Property Office at rick.parker@gsa.gov.